- Domestic!Dean = adorableness. It was so sweet to watch him be a family man. Making breakfast, working a regular job and spending quality time with Ben. I thought Jensen did a great job at playing a softer Dean, but still seeing his rough edges and past present.
- Sammy, Sammy, where did that sweet and gentle soul go? I realize he'd been down under in the cage with Lucifer and would not be the same, but it was still a shock to see how much he truly has changed. :( I know this was only the first episode and I'm hoping that we'll see some of the old Sam come through as the season progresses (I hope). Hasn't he sacrificed enough? If someone had the power to bring him back, the least they could do was make him forget what he went through in Hell.
I understand that we don't know what/who brought him back, so it's difficult to speculate what they did it for. There was just something off about Sam. I was so happy to see another hug between the brothers, but it seemed as though he barely hugged Dean back. *heart breaking* I'm not complaining and have no intention of dissing the show, it's writers or anything else. I am just mourning the loss of my normal Sammy.
- I DO NOT like the Campbell clan at all. It was a nice idea to bring more family into the picture, but something about them just doesn't sit well with me. Sam and Dean have always been on their own and they are all the family each other needs. I don't trust Grandpa Samuel either. He seems to have other agendas of his own and it worries me.
- I completely understand why Sam & Bobby didn't let Dean in on anything. They both love and care about him, and desperately wanted him to have a chance at a real life. I can understand the feeling of betrayal from Dean as well though. As nice as the life he's carved out with Lisa & Ben, it's obvious that he would have chosen being with Sam and continuing to hunt alongside his brother. It was so touching how much Dean missed and wanted Sam back in his life. ♥
- The part that got me the most was towards the end, when Sam wanted Dean to come with him and he refused to leave Lisa & Ben. It's understandable, but I still could hardly bear it when he wouldn't go with Sam. The fact that he tried to give him the Impala broke my heart too. I'm glad Sam did not take it. Unless they are both driving around in that car, together, it should stay where it is!
In conclusion, I have rather mixed feelings so far. Even though I'd read most of the spoilers and sort of knew what to expect, to actually see it play out, really hit me in the gut. Just to be clear, I will never give up on this show, EVER! I am taking each episode as it comes and trying to stay positive that the writers know what they're doing, and things will play out the way they are supposed to. I love this show too much to ever let it go. ♥