Did anyone watch the Golden Globes last night? I was so happy for Kate Winslet, she is so endearing and I thought her second speech was very sweet. I feel bad for Leo though, it seems like he always gets snubbed! It was very bittersweet when they announced that Heath Ledger won for supporting actor. I still haven't gotten over his death and I wanted him to be there so badly to receive his award. I wonder why none of his family came or even Michelle Williams in the event that he won to accept it on his behalf?
I found this really interesting meme @ graine_de_beaute's LJ about your sign and the whether or not you have the characteristics that go along with your particular sign. Since it's the start of a new year, I thought it might be a way for you guys to get to know me a little better so I decided to participate:
> Pick your birth month.
> Strike out anything that doesn't apply to you.
> Bold (or italicize) the five-ten that best apply to you.
> Copy to your own journal, with all twelve months under a lj-cut.
> Anyone who would like to do this, feel free!
2. Loves those who loves them: Yes, definitely.
3. Inner and
4. Gets angry often: Unfortunately this one is true. I do tend to get angry often. I think it's due to the fact that I stress myself out too much and try to keep a lot inside. After a while it has to come out. This is not a characteristic I'm proud of having. D:
5. Treats friends importantly: This is definitely true. I view friends as very special people and I care deeply about their feelings and them as individuals.
7. Daydreamer: Definitely. I was labeled a daydreamer as far back as the first grade! Not always a good thing, but I think it's important to imagine something better for yourself and when things are unpleasant in your life, it helps to find a comforting place to go.
8. Emotional: Yes! I am a very emotional person and have a hard time pretending if I'm upset or hurt. I cry all the time, whether it be over something sad or something that just touches me. I definitely think it's better to be emotional, it adds depth to your character and makes you more dimensional. :D
10. Easily loses confidence: Sadly, yes. I have always lacked confidence and self-esteem (it kills me to admit it). It truly helps to be able to get online though and share some of these hard issues with you guys. Each of you has contributed in helping me feel better about myself and given me more confidence. I truly am blessed to have gotten to know all of you on my f-list. Thank you for being there! *hugs*
And last but certainly not least, I would like to wish my friend nerwende a very Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a beautiful day with your loved ones close by. *hugs*